Attorney-Client Privilege and Ethical Issues for In-House Counsel
Join Gavin Skok and Rachel Schaefer for an important discussion about the unique challenges faced by in-house counsel attempting to protect the attorney-client privilege and work product immunity, despite judicial skepticism and counsel’s often dual roles as attorney and business advisors. Discussion topics will include:
- An overview of privileges and immunities potentially available to in-house counsel
- Danger points where those privileges can be waived or lost
- Practical advice on how to maintain those privileges
- Real-life examples illustrating how courts draw privilege lines
- Preserving privilege in mergers and acquisitions
Download the presentation (PDF).