Riddell Williams congratulates the following individuals who have been designated 2016 Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Top Women Attorneys and Top 100 Super Lawyers: 2016 Super Lawyers Bruce J. … read more
Bryce is a principal and a member of the firm’s Corporate Transactions and Finance practice group. He has been solving problems for business clients for more than three decades.
Bryce represents companies in engagements that span the business life cycle, including entity selection and formation, restructures and recapitalizations, equity and debt financings, governance matters, commercial agreements and mergers and acquisitions. He offers a particular depth of experience within the long-term care industry as a result of extensive involvement in the debt financing of senior living facilities. Many clients have depended on him as their general counsel.
Bryce brings Big Law experience to his clients. Prior to joining Riddell Williams, he was a partner in Dorsey & Whitney LLP and served as head of its Seattle office. Before that, he practiced with Bogle & Gates, Seattle’s largest and oldest law firm prior to its dissolution in 1999.
- Represented Medstreaming, LLC in a recapitalization and sale of senior preferred equity to a strategic investor.
- Represented Modus Health LLC in sales of senior preferred equity to a private equity investor.
- Represented Emeritus Corporation in secured debt financings of more than forty senior living facilities around the United States.
- Represented Tepa, LLC, owned by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians, in a purchase of the equity of Torix General Contractors, LLC.
- Represented Northwest Farm Credit Services, as agent for numerous financial institutions, in the sale of senior secured debt of a manufacturing facility to a strategic investor.
- Represented Colliers International in the formation of a proprietary private equity fund and the sale of limited partnership interests to investors.
- Represented Seattle’s Paramount Theatre in a refinancing of senior debt with Key Bank.
- Represented Millstone Coffee, Inc. in the sale of its business to The Proctor & Gamble Company.
Outside of the office, Bryce enjoys bicycling with his wife. In a good year, he covers more than 2500 miles, including participation in multi-day touring rides.
When not on his bike, Bryce enjoys gardening and spending time with his three adult sons. He also enjoys reading – especially histories, biographies, and detective/mystery novels.
- Named Washington Super Lawyer® by Super Lawyer Magazine (2005 – 2016)
- Peer reviewed rating of AV Preeminent® by LexisNexis® Martindale-Hubbell®*
*Peer review Rated Lawyer of AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.* *AV® Preeminent™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Member and Director of the Seattle Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Association of Corporate Growth, Seattle Chapter (past director)
- Wayfind (formerly Washington Attorneys Assisting Community Organizations) (past director)
- BH Music Center, operator of Benaroya Hall (past director)
- Wharton Alumni Club of Washington
BA, Harvard College, magna cum laude, 1974
MBA, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Finance, 1978
JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1979
Bryce L. Holland, Jr.'s NEWS, EVENTS, AND PUBLICATIONS
Riddell Williams law firm is proud to have represented client Group Health Permanente in negotiations that led to Kaiser Permanente agreeing to acquire Group Health Cooperative. The Healthcare … read more
Economic considerations in private offerings Issues relating to control in private companies Other contractual features commonly found in investment documents For more information, contact Bryce L. Holland. Download … read more
Presentation date October 7, 2009. Key business and legal issues in the transition of ownership. Conducting effective due diligence Common deal structures Key elements of the purchase agreement … read more
Presentation date June 25, 2009. The double benefit of being prepared – why it’s never too early to start The sale-readiness audit – targeting potential problem areas Protecting … read more