Bob Howie’s Annual Employment Law Update
This year’s update of employment law developments will be fun and educational. You’ll learn:
- About significant changes coming to federal wage/hour regulations this year
- How Washington Courts are making it more difficult for employers to avoid jury trials, and what you can do about it
- Why you should not mock an applicant by imitating Jon Stewart or telling her she is not funky enough
- Why you should not comment that an employee is “a nice lady . . . but older”
- All the ways in which the National Labor Relations Board wants to allow employees to use company email to badmouth the company
- How and why the Supreme Court increased employment protections for pregnant employees
- What courts are saying about reasonable accommodation requirements – including telecommuting
- All that’s new from the OFCCP
- Whether you can fire an employee who calls his boss a nasty “mother f____” – hint, you might be surprised
That and much more about harassment, discrimination, the FMLA, the ADA and more!
For more information, contact Robert M. Howie.
Download the (PDF).