We represent real estate owners, commercial tenants, developers, lenders, contractors and design professionals, including architects and engineers. Our attorneys work in a full range of real estate related disputes including:
Purchase and Sale Agreements
We represent buyers and sellers in disputes arising from the purchase and sale of real property, including breach of contract, specific performance and fraud claims.
We represent property owners, tenants, lenders and municipalities in eminent domain cases involving the condemnation of private property for transportation and other public projects.
We represent title companies and their insureds in coverage disputes, title disputes, boundary, easement, access, and encroachment disputes, lien claims, adverse possession claims, foreclosures and escrow matters.
We represent owners, architects, contractors and material suppliers in the full range of construction litigation.
Examples of cases include:
- Represented apartment building owner in a claim against developer/purchaser for breach of purchase and sale agreement, defending against claims for failure to disclose, leading to a $1.3 million trial verdict for our clients
- Defended general partners in a lawsuit, initiated by managing partner, to dissolve real estate investment partnership owning several commercial properties in Seattle and to resolve claims for damages in excess of $1 million among the partners. Successfully resolved case through federal court mediation
- Represented commercial tenant in three lawsuits for unlawful detainer, damages and specific performance arising from alleged breaches of hotel lease agreement in excess of $2 million. First case favorably dismissed on summary judgment; other cases settled favorably
- Defended owner of major hotel against claims by general contractor for $2 million in change orders. Dismissed $1.6 million in claims by summary judgment motions; remaining case settled with credit for attorney fees
- Favorable property valuation following two-week jury trial for utility client in condemnation case